Webinar | Voluntary Sustainability Standards and Resilient Supply Chains: Bananas, cotton, palm oil, and soybeans
Join us on Thursday, June 25 at 9:00 a.m. (Ottawa) / 3:00 p.m. (Geneva) to learn about and discuss the key findings from the recent reports in the Sustainable Commodities Marketplace Series, from the State of Sustainability Initiatives at the International Institute for Sustainable Development.
The reports track consumption and production trends, with a focus on the performance of voluntary sustainability standards (VSSs), in the banana, cotton, palm oil, and soybean markets.
The panelists will also investigate the potential for VSS-compliant production to promote resilience and traceability across agricultural value chains, which have gained renewed prominence with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Thomas Bernet, Group Lead, Value Chains & Markets, FiBL
- Pierre Courtemanche, Sustainability and Supply Chain Strategist, Founder of GeoTraceability, Groupe OPTEL
- Rochelle Eisen, Organic Certification Expert, Former president of Canadian Organic Growers
- Verina Ingram, Senior Researcher and Assistant Professor, Forest & Nature Conservation Policy Group, Wageningen University & Research Centre
- Vivek Voora, Sustainability Standards Advisor and Lead Author of Sustainable Commodities Marketplace Series 2019, International Institute for Sustainable Development
June 25, 2020