Jennifer Temmer is a Project Manager with our SDG Knowledge group.
She brings her background in agriculture, rural planning and international development to the team. Jennifer has worked with many First Nations communities in Manitoba, developing northern garden projects and compost programs, organizing land-use mapping workshops, helping to develop a business plan for a Fishery Co-op, researching Metis Population health data, developing capacity and training youth. Jennifer also spent time in Honduras working with a micro-credit program for indigenous women and doing research in technology transfer for sustainable agricultural techniques.
- To Think Local and Act Local You Need Local Data Data is no exception to the trend of localizing our consumption, charitable giving and development efforts.
- Making Winnipeg a Smart City With New Technologies We asked four members of our Winnipeg team how they would tackle some of Winnipeg’s most pressing issues: This is what they came up with.
- Best City Lists Keep Data—and People—in the Dark The best city list ranks 140 cities globally, but factors of methodology and cost for data are limiting factors in realizing the full benefit of such an index.
- Our City: A Peg Report on Sustainability Winnipeg is changing. Winnipeg has always been changing. The fourth edition of Our City, A Peg Report looks at Winnipeg through the lens of the three pillars of sustainability and integrates the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Four Ways Cities are Localizing the SDGs Four cities in North America are working to track how well their citizens are doing against the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Read more.
- Tracking the SDGs in Canadian Cities: SDG 8 IISD’s SDG Indicator Portal tracks SDG progress in 13 cities across Canada. The third brief in this series provides an overview of SDG 8—promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all—across cities in Canada.
- Tracking the SDGs in Canadian Cities: SDG 3 This briefing note is the second in the series Tracking the SDGs in Canadian Cities which reviews data from 14 Canadian cities found on the IISD-SDG Indicator Portal.
- Tracking the SDGs in Canadian Cities: SDG 1 The first brief in this series provides an overview of SDG 1—ending poverty in all its forms everywhere—across cities in Canada.
- Our City: A Peg Report on the Natural and Built Environment This report takes an in-depth look at the relationship between Winnipeggers and the natural and built environments in their city.
- Eight Ways Cities Are Building Climate Resilience This essay looks at eight examples drawn from the Building a Climate-Resilient City research series prepared for the City of Edmonton and the City of Calgary by the Prairie Climate Centre.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Disaster preparedness and emergency management This policy brief examines the potential implications of climate change for disaster preparedness and emergency management in Alberta’s cities, and presents options by which the resilience of these systems may be enhanced.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: The built environment This policy brief looks at ways to cities can foster resilience in the built environment.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Electricity and information and communication technology infrastructure This policy brief examines ways to build resilience in energy and information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure as a contribution to building urban resilience to climate change.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Water supply and sanitation systems This policy brief examines ways to build resilience in the water supply and sanitation system as a contribution to urban resilience building.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Transportation infrastructure This policy brief examines ways of building resilient urban transportation infrastructure to reduce exposure to natural hazards, decrease potential risks by implementing mitigation measures and enhance adaptive capacity in a changing climate.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Agriculture and food security This policy brief focuses on measures related to agriculture and food security that cities can take to build their resilience to climate change.