Our Issue Experts
Seton Stiebert is a professionally designated engineer who has worked in the environmental consulting field for the past twelve years. He is currently an associate of EnviroEconomics and Marbek Resource Consultants in Ottawa, and has previously been both a senior engineer and project manager for RWDI Air Inc.
Mr. Stiebert has developed expertise in emission inventories and mitigation strategies, air quality impact assessments and air dispersion modelling, and has been a technical advisor to a number of Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects for Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. He has also worked on developing and recommending greenhouse gas emission reduction strategies and policies in many different jurisdictions across Canada and internationally.
- [ Implementing Greenhouse Gas Inventory Management Systems for Economic Zones in ChinaChina is aggressively pursuing the development of low-carbon economic zones, and while there has been substantial work done to define targets and...]
- [ Democratic Republic of Congo: Greenhouse gas emissions baseline projectionDevelopment of greenhouse gas emission baseline projections, or business-as-usual scenarios, are critical for the assessment of nationally...]
- [ Republic of Rwanda: Greenhouse gas emissions baseline projectionDevelopment of greenhouse gas emission baseline projections, or business-as-usual scenarios, are critical for the assessment of nationally...]
- [ Developing Financeable NAMAs: A Practitioner's GuideNationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) are fast becoming the climate finance vehicle of choice to help developing countries transition...]
- [ Regulating Carbon in Canada: The impact of the federal government's proposed electricity coal performance standardsDave Sawyer and Seton Stiebert developed economic modelling of the Canadian government's proposed electricity coal performance standards.They found...]
- [ Regulating Carbon Emissions in Canada Offsets and Canada's GHG Regulations: Reducing costs, improving competitiveness and lowering emissionsDave Sawyer, Seton Stiebert and Dale Beugin undertake a study of how offsets can complement Canada's regulatory approach to greenhouse gas...]
- [ Fossil Fuels – At What Cost? Government support for upstream oil activities in three Canadian provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland and LabradorGlobal Subsidy Initiative's second report in the series "Fossil Fuels - At What Cost?" uses an internationally agreed definition of subsidy adopted...]