Anika is a Policy Advisor with IISD’s Resilience program. She has more than 5 years experience of applied research projects in the field of climate change adaptation and resilience. Her areas of focus include national adaptation planning (NAP) processes, ecosystem-based adaptation, and building urban resilience to climate change. Anika’s area of expertise includes undertaking research, policy analysis, and engagement activities with most of her work focused on understanding the risks and opportunities that climate change and variability poses to developing countries, and on building capacity of local communities, regional and national policy makers to better manage those risks. Much of Anika’s most recent work has been on understanding national policy processes that have been established under the three primary global agendas (Paris Agreement, Agenda 2030, Sendai Framework) and supporting countries in recognizing the value and benefits of aligning these climate-relevant policy processes.
- Alignment to Advance Climate-Resilient Development: Overview Brief 1 Introduction to AlignmentThis is the first in a series of briefs focusing on alignment of country efforts under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Paris Agreement and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Safeguarding NDC Implementation: Building resilience into energy systemsThis short brief aims to enhance awareness and highlight the importance of integrating weather and climate-related risk into the planning stages of energy infrastructure development.
- sNAPshot: Albania’s Approach to Integrating Adaptation into Domestic BudgetingBuilding on an earlier overview brief on domestic public finance options for NAPs, this sNAPshot takes a closer look at how Albania is integrating climate adaptation into its medium-term budget process.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Disaster preparedness and emergency managementThis policy brief examines the potential implications of climate change for disaster preparedness and emergency management in Alberta’s cities, and presents options by which the resilience of these systems may be enhanced.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Urban ecosystemsThis policy brief focuses on measures related to urban ecosystems that cities can take to build their resilience to climate change.
- sNAPshot: Grenada's Approach to Initiating Sector Integration of Adaptation ConsiderationsNo single approach to integrating climate adaptation considerations into sector planning exists...