Director, Adaptation (Canada)
Jo-Ellen Parry, Director, Adaptation (Canada), undertakes research, analysis, engagement and management activities within IISD’s Resilience Program.
Building on more than ten years of experience in the field of climate change, Ms. Parry’s current work strives to build the capacity of communities and governments in Canada and developing countries to manage climate risks. This includes exploring ways in which to integrate adaptation into development processes at the national and community levels by designing and facilitating processes that bringing together science, policy and local experience, and by supporting the development of tools for decision-making that respond to user needs. Previously she has undertaken research on developing countries’ climate change adaptation actions, on how adaptation to climate change might be advanced through an international agreement under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, the potential role of market mechanisms in promoting greenhouse gas reductions, and community based natural resources management.
- How Integrated Vulnerability Assessments Support NAP Processes in the Pacific RegionThis briefing note highlights the significance of the integrated vulnerability assessment (IVA) framework to the NAP processes underway in three Pacific island states: Kiribati, Tuvalu and the Solomon Islands.
- The Vulnerability of Pakistan's Water Sector to the Impacts of Climate Change: Identification of gaps and recommendations for actionThis report explores the vulnerability of Pakistan’s water supply to climate change, noting potential changes in water availability, water demand, implications for key sectors, and strategies for addressing knowledge and capacity gaps.
- Review of Current and Planned Adaptation Action in KenyaThis report summarizes the climate risks and vulnerable sectors in Kenya, providing an overview of current efforts to address these concerns through climate change adaptation policies and initiatives at the national and sub-national levels.
- Review of Current and Planned Adaptation Action in PakistanThis report summarizes the climate risks and vulnerable sectors in Pakistan, providing an overview of climate change adaptation policies and initiatives introduced in response at the national and sub-national levels.
- Review of Current and Planned Adaptation Action in BangladeshBangladesh is among the most vulnerable countries to climate change, as two-thirds of its land...