HLPF Side Event | Unlocking the Potential of Communities with Data Dashboards
Cities and communities can drive the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. They’re well placed to localize the Goals and identify measures of success that ensure no one is left behind.`
But to reach their potential they need relevant, actionable, accessible data.
As the UN High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development considers how to make human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable (SDG 11), this side event will hear lessons learned from community-level projects in North America that brought sustainability indicators, scorecards and data dashboards to life.
The International Institute for Sustainable Development and the Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations cordially invite you to a discussion on how local data can be turned into action.
- Ambassador Louise Blais, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations
- Stefan Jungcurt, Project Lead, International Institute for Sustainable Development, IISD | Peg Community Indicator System (Winnipeg, Canada)
- Dan Steinberg, Senior Policy Advisor to the New York City Mayor’s Office of Operations | OneNYC (New York, United States of America)
- Kusum Wijesekera, Program Manager, British Columbia Council for International Cooperation | SDG Scorecard Initiative (British Columbia, Canada)
- Kate Brown, Executive Director, Global Island Partnership | Aloha+ Challenge Dashboard (Hawai’i, United States of America)
July 12, 2018
Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations
885 Second Avenue (Between 47th and 48th Streets), New York, New York, United States of America